Got Mongo? Feed On This!"
Become a fan of the STORE on Facebook. Click here.
Become a fan of the BLOG on Facebook. Click Here

Monday, August 16, 2010

Zombies Love Walmart

The Zombie Survival Guide: Complete Protection from the Living DeadSince reading the Zombie Survival Guide and World War Z, I often wondered where I would go during a zombie outbreak.  Would I stay home and try to survive on what defenses I could muster or would I pack up the clan and head to a shelter.   We all know both of those options lead to disaster from watching countless movies.  Even going to the mall is risky, but I figured that, in this day and age, if the often thought yet really improbable ever happened I would just go to the one place that had everything for my survival, Walmart.  

World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie WarWalmart has it all, food, weapons and supplies of all sorts.  I could sack out there for awhile, using it as a shelter.  I could survive on the food in the store while stocking up on medical supplies and weapons  fom the sporting goods section.  However, I have changed my thought process based on one reason and one reason only. Walmart would be open.   If anyone believes otherwise, see here.  Turns out, even in a flood, Walmart remains open.  Debate on the nature of the staffing procedures during such a disaster are ever present.  Were the employees asked to stay or forced to stay.  Did they chose to stay or was there an unspoken rule that if they chose to go home, their jobs or at least their employment in good standing would be in jeopardy.  The response from Walmart was "They chose to stay." 

That means if there was a zombie outbreak, going to Walmart would only be an option if you really had shopping to do because it looks like they'll keep the doors open, even if undead hordes are advancing on the store.   Nice work. 


No comments:

Shredded Tweets