Got Mongo? Feed On This!"
Become a fan of the STORE on Facebook. Click here.
Become a fan of the BLOG on Facebook. Click Here

Monday, February 16, 2009

Why Holidays Should Be Outlawed.

I should have known I wouldn't be able to escape it. It's not like I don't have the track record to prove it. Holidays are like mini disasters for me. I've gone on at length in the past about my issues with holidays. Why should Valentine's Day be any exception?

It all started Saturday. I heard the sound of my little one coughing in her room and didn't think much of it. She usually stays in bed until close to noon but here it was 8:30 AM and she's making this noise. She eventually went back to sleep and come noon she began coughing again. I went in to see what was the matter and saw that she had been throwing up, hence the coughing. I cleaned her up and brought her into our bed and she just didn't seem herself. Usually, she's bouncing around or chattering away at us, but she seemed very lethargic and just wanted to lay on us. Next thing I know she's vomiting again, all over our bed.

Once she was cleaned up again, we decided to take action. We took her to the ER and they really didn't do much but assure us that there was nothing wrong with her. Just keep her hydrated with clear liquids and keep an eye on her. She had no fever and hadn't thrown up again that day. We took her home and put her down for a nap. When she awoke, she was like her old self. We gave her some jello and a Popsicle and she seemed fine.

The next day, we figured she was back in the pink. We went for our usual breakfast and came home. The little one went down for a nap and then I started to feel ill. I shrugged it off as too much breakfast but I soon realized that I had it, too. Then my wife got it. We spent the night gushing from both ends while the little one seemed to be fine. It was a rough night all the way around.

Now, it's Monday and the little one is back to throwing up and everything else. We aren't a 100% yet but our daughter seems to be feeling better after she got rid of all that...I can't even describe what it was, but it was foul. That's love, being able to dive in with both hands and clean up bodily fluids. Usually, for Valentine's Day you give your heart to someone.....but this is rather extreme.

No comments:

Shredded Tweets