Got Mongo? Feed On This!"
Become a fan of the STORE on Facebook. Click here.
Become a fan of the BLOG on Facebook. Click Here

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Pop Culture Catch Up

I'm a bit behind on my movie viewing, television watching, and video game playing.   As I've gotten older the time I would spend just watching a movie or playing a video game has diminished.  That's not exactly true, I've got my father-in-law playing the Wii and we spend nearly every night playing House of the Dead 2 & 3 or any number of Cabela's hunting games.  But, actual playing of my own games is diminished.  That's partially from the fact that games, anymore, are very complex and in depth and take forever to finish.  At least they do for me.   In any case, here's a smattering of what I've caught up on or have yet to tackle.

Movies
I have yet to see the following:
Zombieland
Adventureland
Iron Man 1 or 2
The Hangover
Up
Avatar
and various other big name films that came out in the last five years. 

I will say that I did get to see Wall-E for the first time, yesterday, although I haven't finished it yet.   So far, I love it.  What an awesome performance by a robot that was animated.   There should some kind of award for that.  I also did watch Reign of Fire, which is eight years old but wasn't bad.  I was expecting it to be a lot worse.  I've also been watching a bunch of movies I've seen thousands of times.   Last weekend on ABC Family they ran The Goonies along with all the Harry Potter movies up to Order Of the Phoenix.  I've also been watching a lot of old school James Bond like On Her Majesty's Secret Service, You Only Live Twice, and Goldfinger.

Television
I scuttled the half of last season's Desperate Housewives and all of Grey's Anatomy due to the lack of time or interest in watching them.  I am still sifting through last season's Castle and would like to get through Bones.  Normally, I would watch these with my wife, but she's been too busy reading..  nerd.   Love You...   Hell, we haven't even watched the season finale of Glee, so don't ruin it for me.  I always wanted to watch Stargate Atlantis, but didn't have Sci-Fi Syfy when it first aired.  I was playing catchup with Stargate SG-1 on UPN which was a season or two behind Showtime and totally missed out on Battlestar Galactica because of Comcast dropping Syfy from the regular extended cable package right after the mini-series.  Oddly enough, I was all caught up on Flashforward and Doll House and they got cancelled.    The only thing I regular keep on now is Burn Notice which I love. Go Team Axe!  I've also been watching old reruns of South Park on the local stations, late at night.  Right now, the ole DVR capacity is still at around 90% full.  HAH.  I better hop to it before everything starts back up for the Fall.

Video Games
Like I said, I spend most of game playing on the Wii and don't spend a lot of time on games other than House of the Dead 2 & 3 and Cabela stuff.   I even bought the new Super Mario Bros. and have barely touched it.   For my PS3, I finally finished Fallout 3 and the broken steel add on, after picking it up in March.  I know, the game came out in 2008.  Guess what, I still haven't finished Grand Theft Auto 4, Mercenaries 2, or Little Big Planet.   I did manage to get through Uncharted 1 and 2 this year thanks to a friend loaning it to me.   Loved those games.  I would like to check out the other Lego games like Harry Potter and Batman, but I just don't have time.   Not to mention there's Resident Evil 5 and I was told I need to go back and play God of War 1, 2 and 3

I should be ashamed of myself for missing out on the last eight years of stuff.  I've kept up through research and news but the actual sitting down and watching or playing these things has gone from my things to do list.   The only good thing I can look forward to is reintroducing a lot of my favorites to my kid.  She loved watching the original Star Wars movies and The Goonies.  I may have to vicariously live through her.   She isn't too bad at the golfing portion in Wii Sports and she's only three.


No comments:

Shredded Tweets